Saturday, March 31, 2012

UP TO MY NECK IN ALLIGATORS

Here at Jojoba Hills they are redoing and enlarging one of the ponds.  The gators were in dire need of a fresh coat of paint, so I spent some time helping out there.  That and trying to learn the process of loading the slide program to the parks computer system without messing the whole thing up has become a challenge.  But think that I am slowly winning, the only way that I seem to be able to learn anything new is to do it over and over again.  Which works on my own, but when I’m trying it on the parks……..well, whole new story.  But getting better, Lynda left me step by step instructions, and as long as nothing goes wrong, all is okay. But yesterday I put up a slide for the Wheels ride, and used a motorcycle picture, the guy in charge called and said they were a bike group and he wanted a bike.  No problem!  Took the slide, highlighted the motorcycle, hit delete……and there went the whole program, every slide.  Thankfully it was all backed up on a thumb drive, and I could recover all 35 other slides, but my blood pressure was HIGH!

image

I finally got pictures of the patio area and my decorations from Yuma.  Even bought a couple of baskets of cacti and pots of bougainvillea, always thought those are so pretty.  Hope I don’t kill them off, unlike my mother I have a brown thumb, where as she was known to make a broom handle flower.  Will hook a drip system up to them when we are gone, that is why they are in pots, so I can move them around. 

2gators

The time sure has flown since we have gotten here, hard to believe that we have been here for 5 months.  Although we have taken a few short trips, we didn’t stay much more than a week each time.  Wonder how the summer will go as we are just planning to travel up the coast, near Pismo, Morro Bay area, a few times, an maybe do a week or so on the coast near San Diego.  We are getting together next week with some friends that we knew when Chuck was still in the service…..40 some years ago.  We ran into them in the commissary a month ago, and did not recognize each other, but the guys kept eyeing each other, and finally spoke, and it all came back. So they are going golfing and Betty has two more ladies coming in, and we are having a afternoon of bridge.  The bridge here is picking up, just about every afternoon we have at least one table, sometimes we are up to four tables.  But officially we only play once a week at night.

I promised myself that I would try and do better with the blog, and once a week is my goal.  Even if I just stick my head in and say Hi Everyone,  all is fine. 

 

3 comments:

Barb said...

We love what you did with your patio; really looks nice. Sounds like you stay busy! Glad you and Chuck are enjoying your park!

Barb and Roger

Gypsy's Tales said...

So glad to see your blog - Pictures of the patio - great!! It looks so nice. Good Luck with the plants Pots are so much easier to care for!!
Gators?? That confused Where do they put them??
Hugs, Barb & Bob

Lynda and Bob said...

Glad you are being challenged with Channel 3. Glad you got the slides back! Did you help paint the alligators? If you did, you're ready for the road crew! Hope your summer is as nice as last year when we stayed.