Saturday, April 21, 2012

SUNNY DAYS, COOL NIGHTS

The other day while I was doing laundry, took a drive around the park and took a few pictures.  The cactus is starting to bloom and the roses are spectacular.WINE COUNTRY 007
Here is a guy/gal made out of pots, and the get up changes for the occasion. The gator pond is almost finished, they had a liner installed so it wouldn’t loose water so quickly.  There is going to be a water wheel and quite a bit more landscaping in the works still.
DSC03185WINE COUNTRY 011
Pond near the clubhouse, not sure that it is really big enough to canoe in though.
WINE COUNTRY 009

DSC03186
On Thursday about 35 women of the Madd Hatters group (aka Red Hatters) went to a near by winery for lunch.  It was an absolutely beautiful day, and we had a fun time.  The thyme for the hats was Easter, and my gaudy concoction took 1st.  WINE COUNTRY 031WINE COUNTRY 019
                    WINE COUNTRY 027
Fields of grapes surrounding the winery.
WINE COUNTRY 036WINE COUNTRY 034
Friday one of the ladies turned 80 and threw a big party.  It was a lot of fun, she is a really sweet lady and her husband has been having some health problems, so she deserved a big pick me up, and she had a ball. 
Today we went into town and seen the Hunger Games.  I read all 3 books and they were great, which surprised me, when I started almost didn't keep going, just not the story I thought I would like.  The movie was okay, but do think that it lost a lot, there was so much more into building the characters that didn’t come through.  Do highly recommend reading the books, not so much seeing the movie. 
From there we HAD to stop at Costco.  Will some one tell me, how you can walk in that store not needing anything, yet manage to spend a few hundred dollars every time?  And now that I have a storage shed, the sky’s the limit.  T.P. for a life time! 
Well that does it for another week in the life of the Donleys.  Happy Birthday to our SIL, John. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you guys! I thought the same thing about the Hunger Games...movie wasn't as good as the books...Go see Mirror Mirror....I didn't think I would care for that, but I really enjoyed it!

Speedy said...

Like this location. A lot to see.

Joe and Sherri